This nourishing bowl is one of my favorite feel-good meals. It's packed with brown rice, crispy tofu, roasted broccoli, and a zingy carrot-ginger dressing.
If your lunch or dinner rotation is in need of a refresh, try adding these tofu broccoli bowls to the mix! They have a hearty base of brown rice, crispy tofu for plant-based protein, and roasted broccoli and radishes for color and crunch. Avocado adds creamy richness, and my go-to carrot-ginger dressing takes them over the top. They’re nourishing, satisfying, and, above all, delicious!
They also happen to be perfect for meal prep. The dressing keeps well for up to a week, and you can cook the rice, tofu, and broccoli up to 3 days in advance. Store the components separately in the fridge and assemble the bowls when you’re ready to eat, or assemble the bowls in meal prep containers for quick and easy lunches. Either way, wait to slice the avocado until the last minute. Enjoy!
Do I Need A Tofu Press?
If you want to make the crispiest tofu possible, I recommend pressing your tofu before you cook it. I used to press tofu using my cast-iron skillet and a kitchen towel, but after testing the best tofu presses, I am now a convert! My favorite is the Tofuture Tofu Press, which I found was the easiest to use and store, and it left me with perfectly pressed tofu each time. I also like how this press has a container that holds the excess liquid, making cleanup easy. After pressing my tofu, I just pour the water into the sink!
This recipe is fantastic as written, but, like all grain bowls, it’s super flexible. Feel free to change it up to suit your tastes or use what you have on hand. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Try another grain, like white rice, forbidden rice, or quinoa.
- Change the protein. Replace the tofu with baked tempeh, roasted chickpeas, or a soft-boiled egg.
- Vary the veggies. Add a base of massaged kale, or pile on raw veggies like sliced cucumbers or julienned carrots. Roasted Brussels sprouts or cauliflower would also work nicely in place of the broccoli.
- Use a different sauce. Make my Sesame Ginger Dressing, Peanut Sauce, or Gochujang Sauce instead of the carrot ginger dressing.
- Add a pickle. I love this bowl with a scoop of pickled ginger or quick-pickled radishes.
Let me know what variations you try!
More Favorite Grain Bowl Recipes
If you love these tofu broccoli bowls, try one of these healthy grain bowl recipes next:
- Best Buddha Bowl
- Roasted Veggie Grain Bowl
- Adzuki Bean Bowls
- Macro Veggie Bowl
- Veggie Power Bowl
- Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Or any of these 15 Rice Bowl Recipes!
Tofu Broccoli Bowls with Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooked on the stove or in the Instant Pot
- 1 recipe Air Fryer Broccoli or Roasted Broccoli
- 1 recipe Air Fryer Tofu or Baked Tofu
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Carrot Ginger Dressing, for drizzling
- Thinly sliced daikon radish, or red radish
- Microgreens or a few salad greens
- Sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Sea salt, or flaky sea salt
- Assemble each bowl with the rice, broccoli, tofu, and avocado.
- Drizzle with the dressing and top with radish slices, microgreens, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes, if desired. Season to taste with sea salt and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.