This peanut butter banana smoothie is thick, creamy, and packed with sweet and nutty flavor. Make it for an easy, delicious breakfast or snack!
This peanut butter banana smoothie is the kind of breakfast that makes you excited to get out of bed in the morning. It calls for 4 simple ingredients, it takes minutes to make, and it tastes so good that it could almost pass as dessert. The peanut butter, banana, and whole rolled oats make it thick and creamy, and they infuse it with the BEST sweet and nutty flavor. They also happen to add fiber, protein, potassium, and vitamin C, meaning that this delicious breakfast is a healthy one too. I think you’ll love it!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe:
- Peanut butter, of course! Creamy natural peanut butter is best for this recipe. Use store-bought, or make your own!
- Frozen banana – It makes the smoothie sweet and creamy. To freeze a banana, remove the peel and place it in an airtight bag or container. It’ll keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Tip: Wait to freeze bananas until they’re ripe and spotty. That way, they’ll have the sweetest banana flavor.
- Whole rolled oats – They give the smoothie extra staying power and perfect its smooth, thick consistency.
- Almond milk – Or any milk you like! Regular milk or my homemade oat milk would work here too.
- And ice – To make the smoothie cool and frosty.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Place the banana, oats, and peanut butter in a blender, and pour in the almond milk. Blend until smooth. Then, add a handful of ice cubes and blend again.
That’s it! Pour the smoothie into 1 or 2 glasses and enjoy. If you like, top the peanut butter smoothies with banana slices, chocolate chips, and drizzles of peanut butter for a more decadent treat.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Variations
We love this peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe as written, but it lends itself well to all sorts of variations. Feel free to change it up! I hope you have fun making it your own.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap the nut butter. Use almond butter or cashew butter instead of peanut butter.
- Bump up the protein. Add a scoop of Greek yogurt or your favorite protein powder.
- Spike it with a superfood. Blend in a tablespoon of chia seeds or a spoonful of maca powder.
- Make it chocolatey. Add cocoa powder and a drizzle of maple syrup. A little vanilla extract would be great here too!
- Or coffee-y. Mix in a splash of cold brew coffee.
Let me know what variations you try!
More Favorite Smoothie Recipes
If you love this peanut butter banana smoothie, try one of these delicious smoothie recipes next:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- Cinnamon Coffee Smoothie
- Berry Superfood Smoothie Bowl
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ cup whole rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Handfuls of ice
- Chocolate chips, optional, for topping
- Vanilla protein powder
- Maca powder
- Splash of cold brew coffee
- Cocoa or cacao powder
- In a blender, place the banana, oats, peanut butter, and almond milk. Blend until smooth, then add ice and any optional add-ins, as desired, and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 1 or 2 glasses and serve topped with chocolate chips, if using.
- Makes 1 large smoothie or 2 smaller smoothies.