These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites are the BEST appetizer or game day snack! They're crispy, saucy, and spicy. You won't be able to get enough!
This air fryer buffalo cauliflower is the ULTIMATE game day snack. It’s saucy, spicy, and crispy, the kind of finger food that packs a ton of flavor into a single bite. If you still need snack recs for the Super Bowl next weekend, here’s mine: make this!
I based this recipe on the baked buffalo cauliflower I shared last fall. After I posted it, I heard from so many of you asking for an air fryer version. I am SO GLAD I tried one, because this air fryer buffalo cauliflower might be even better than the oven version (which was already very delicious). The air fryer just makes it that much more crispy! Devour the florets on their own (warning: they’re seriously addictive!) or take them over the top with a creamy dipping sauce. This vegan ranch is fantastic.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Ingredients
To make this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe, you’ll start by breaking a head of cauliflower into large florets.
Then, you’ll make a batter out of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and water. The cornstarch is the secret to getting the cauliflower nice and crisp!
After you air fry the cauliflower, you’ll brush it with buffalo sauce. I like to make a homemade one using Frank’s red hot sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, paprika, and honey. For a vegan alternative, sub vegan butter for regular butter and use agave instead of honey!
Don’t forget the vegan ranch dressing for serving! For a full “buffalo wings” experience, carrots and celery sticks are fun too.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Tips
- Really coat that cauliflower! The batter is what gives the cauliflower its crispy, “fried” effect, so you want to get it into every nook and cranny of each floret. When you add the cauliflower to the thick flour mixture, stir well to make sure the florets are fully coated.
- Don’t crowd the basket. If it’s too crowded, the cauliflower will steam instead of getting browned and crisp. Arrange the florets in a single layer and leave a little space around each one. Work in batches if necessary. It takes me two batches to make this recipe in my air fryer.
- Flip it carefully. When you flip the cauliflower after the first few minutes of cooking, it might want to stick to the air fryer basket. That’s ok! If you use a spatula to loosen the cauliflower from the basket, you’ll be able to flip it without tearing off its crispy coating. To minimize sticking, you can also lightly grease the basket with cooking spray before adding the cauliflower.
- Sauce it twice. For the best buffalo flavor, you’ll need to sauce these cauliflower bites twice: once halfway through the cook time, and once just before serving. Don’t hold back here! Rotate the florets as you brush on the sauce in order to coat them on all sides.
- Eat it right away. This buffalo cauliflower is best hot from the air fryer, when it’s still nice and crisp. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, but they’ll lose some of their crispness. If you’re making this recipe for a party or game day, I recommend air frying the cauliflower just before serving.
More Favorite Air Fryer Recipes
If you love these air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings, try making one of these fun snacks in the air fryer next:
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Add the water and whisk until smooth. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat.
- Lift the cauliflower florets out of the batter, allowing any excess batter to drip back into the bowl. Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving a little space around each floret. Don’t crowd the basket. Work in batches as necessary.
- Air fry for 9 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and use a spatula to carefully flip the florets. Brush with some of the buffalo sauce. Air fry for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is dark and crisp around the edges.
- Remove from the air fryer and brush with additional buffalo sauce. If desired, serve with vegan ranch for dipping.