This peanut noodles recipe is a quick, delicious meal! You can stir together the spicy, creamy peanut sauce while the noodles cook. So easy!
Peanut noodles are one of the most crave-able meals. The gooey noodles, the creamy sauce, crunchy veggies, and refreshing herbs… Luckily for us, this peanut noodles recipe is just as easy as it is delicious. You can stir together the peanut sauce in a single bowl, and the only component that requires cooking is the noodles. Even with the fresh toppings, the whole dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s a quick option for a weeknight dinner, and leftovers pack up perfectly for lunch the next day.
Ok, I’m craving peanut noodles now. Anyone else? Let’s cook!
Peanut Noodles Recipe Ingredients
This peanut noodles recipe starts with my peanut sauce, which is super easy to stir together. It’s creamy, bright, savory, and sweet, made with simple ingredients like peanut butter, tamari or soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh ginger, rice vinegar, and lime juice. For these noodles, I add an extra tablespoon of tamari to boost the savory flavor.
Here’s what else you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Noodles, of course! Dried wheat noodles, such as udon, work great here, but you could substitute regular spaghetti in a pinch. For a gluten-free option, use rice noodles.
- Carrot and cucumber – I julienne them so that they incorporate nicely with the noodles. This is quick and easy to do with a julienne peeler!
- Tofu – For plant-based protein. I often use plain tofu here, but if you like, you could swap in air fryer tofu or baked tofu.
- Fresh herbs – Please, don’t skip them! If you ask me, the herbs really take this recipe over the top. Lush and aromatic, they offer a refreshing contrast to the rich, savory peanut sauce. Cilantro, mint, basil, and Thai basil are all fair game.
- Crushed peanuts and/or sesame seeds – For crunch.
- And sriracha – Do you love spicy peanut noodles? Top your bowl with a big drizzle of sriracha (or chili garlic sauce) before digging in.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Peanut Noodles
This peanut noodles recipe is so simple to make!
- First, cook the noodles. Prepare them according to the package instructions. Then, drain and rinse them under cold water.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce. Place the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Then, toss the cooked noodles with the sauce. Don’t forget the extra tablespoon of tamari! Taste and adjust to find a balance of flavors you love.
- Finally, assemble bowls. Portion the noodles into bowls (or meal prep containers, if you’re making this recipe ahead!), and top with the veggies, tofu, and peanuts. If you’re eating right away, garnish with the herbs. If you’re meal prepping, wait to add the herbs until right before you eat.
Peanut Noodles Recipe Variations
While I love this peanut noodles recipe as written, I also love changing it up. If I don’t have these exact ingredients on hand, I swap in what I do have. Feel free to do the same! Here are a few variations I’ve enjoyed:
- Try different veggies. Blanched snap peas, shredded red cabbage, avocado, bell peppers, and green onions are all great here. You could even experiment with pickled veggies, like my pickled radishes or pickled jalapeños.
- Change the protein. Add shelled edamame or baked tempeh instead of tofu.
- Switch the nut butter. For a fun twist, make the sauce with almond butter, cashew butter, or even tahini.
Let me know what variations you try!
More Favorite Noodle and Bowl Recipes
If you love these cold peanut noodles, try one of these recipes next:
- Sesame Soba Noodles
- Vegan Ramen
- Avocado Summer Rolls
- Fresh Spring Rolls
- Bok Choy Stir Fry
- Sushi Bowl
- Mango Ginger Rice Bowl
- 1 recipe Peanut Sauce
- 8 ounces dried udon or rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ English cucumber, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into thin strips
- Fresh mint, cilantro, basil, and/or Thai basil leaves, for garnish
- Crushed peanuts or sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sriracha, for serving
- Prepare the peanut sauce according to this recipe.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions, cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the peanut sauce and tamari.
- Portion the noodles into four bowls and top with the cucumber, carrot, and tofu. Garnish with fresh herbs and peanuts. Serve with sriracha on the side.